All the early 20th century period films plus my recent main-lining of Boardwalk Empire are creating a hunger for that Prohibition era look.
1. Caroline paneled dress by LRK. It would go fab with my new MAC lipstick in Girl About Town.
2. I’ve been craving a head dress since my wedding. This is the perfect (& cheap!) solution.
3. Karen Walker cat-eye sunglasses. We are going to Zanzibar in a couple months for some fun in the sun. It will go perfectly with my…
4. High waisted 50s style bikini. Though I’ve recently come to terms with the fact that the one piece and high waisted suits are even harder to look good in than a skimpy bikini.
5. Loeffler Randall Octavia high top sneaker. They would feel and look divine while traveling.
**Welcome to the consumerist column, where I detail things I want. Because I want a lot of things and I’m not ashamed to say it.**
Today’s Fashion Friday works for both hemispheres, because apparently it’s spring in a very HOT way in parts of the northern States (and it’s even warm in Berlin today!). It’s hot in South Africa (granted not today because it’s rainy and cold, and WTF we have visitors??) and sometimes when you’re on a rooftop in the baking sun or at a braai all you need is a teensy little top and a pair of high-waisted shorts.
Mini Top: Asos
High waisted Shorts: Urban Outfitters
Wedges: Guess, last summer but I got them from Bloomie’s
Have a great weekend! Our two good friends are visiting from Berlin, so we’re going to race around town eating at yummy restaurants and showing them around, then head up to Mozambique and Kruger next weekend. Yayayay!