All the early 20th century period films plus my recent main-lining of Boardwalk Empire are creating a hunger for that Prohibition era look.
1. Caroline paneled dress by LRK. It would go fab with my new MAC lipstick in Girl About Town.
2. I’ve been craving a head dress since my wedding. This is the perfect (& cheap!) solution.
3. Karen Walker cat-eye sunglasses. We are going to Zanzibar in a couple months for some fun in the sun. It will go perfectly with my…
4. High waisted 50s style bikini. Though I’ve recently come to terms with the fact that the one piece and high waisted suits are even harder to look good in than a skimpy bikini.
5. Loeffler Randall Octavia high top sneaker. They would feel and look divine while traveling.
**Welcome to the consumerist column, where I detail things I want. Because I want a lot of things and I’m not ashamed to say it.**
I’ve searched my whole adult life for a red lipstick that didn’t make me look like the walking dead on account of my dark skin and olive colored undertones. My friend Anita suggested I try MAC’s matte Ruby Woo. Despite my skepticism I did, convinced that yet another red lipstick would not work for my skin color. Well it works on my skin color and EVERYONE’S SKIN COLOR. At least I’m pretty sure since every female in attendance tried it on and we had a range from very white to Asian to me and it looked AMAZING on everyone. And it is matte so it STAYS IN PLACE. ALL DAY. SORRY FOR THE SHOUTING I’M JUST THAT EXCITED. I also bought the coordinating lip pencil and gloss. My lips shall never not be red. I even wore it work. YOU’RE WELCOME.
This week’s Fashion Friday is an outfit I wore to my friend Kate‘s for dinner and then drinks at Wolves.
Glasses: Garrett Leight via Shopbop
Lipstick: MAC‘s Ruby Woo
Shirt: Woolworth’s (120ZAR, thanks Neha)
Necklace: Tiffany’s (I know what I said, but it doesn’t say Tiffany’s and I got it a looong time ago!)
Nail Polish: Essie in Bright Tights
Ring: This one from Mal Jewelry (my wedding ring while I’m in SA, it gives me confidence and makes me feel like a bamf)
Shoes: French Connection from a few years ago
Photos courtesy of THE HUBS